The term “aggregated data” refers to general information regarding visitors and users of the Site that relates to use of the Site, e.g., traffic patterns, number of visits to certain pages, visits from other web sites or to third-party web sites linked to the Site, use of particular services and interest in services, information or features of the Site or other parties made available through or found at the Site.
What information is collected about you? How do we use it?
We take the utmost care to ensure that the personal information we obtain from you is not used in a way that you may be unaware of or not agreeable to. Half Moon typically uses your information to
- Help us create content that is relevant to our visitors
- Improve our website and social media pages and ensure that content on these is presented in the most effective manner for you
- Provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- Help us understand general trends and patterns relating to our business;
- Provide for the safety and security of our guests and visitors
- Manage general record keeping
- Enable us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our websites and to help us improve the structure of our websites
- Enable you to make reservations and payments
- Meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements
- Provide the products or services you request from us
- Improve our products and services and to ensure our products and services are of interest to you
You may wish to submit an information request about one of our services or products, participate in one of our promotions or subscribe to our e-mail or postal mail lists. In response, we may ask for information such as your name and postal address. In the event you opt to provide us with this information, we will only use it for the purpose specified by you at the bottom of the information gathering form. All forms will provide an opt-out option to allow you to choose not to participate in Half Moon lists. In deciding whether or not to join such lists, please note that they are only used for Half Moon purposes. We do not sell, rent or share any of your personal information with any other party, including any third-party joint promoters, nor use it for unapproved commercial purposes. You may request to be removed from our lists at any time. All emails distributed to our lists will contain easy, online access to unsubscribe.
Marketing and profiling purposes is managed solely by Half Moon as data controller. Your decision to provide your information for such purposes is optional and will have no consequence on your ability to stay with us or benefit from the requested service. All purposes concerning your booking, your stay and to provide you with the services you have requested, is managed by Half Moon. Your decision to provide information to us is voluntary however, if you do not provide such information you may no longer be able to benefit from our services.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information For
Half Moon keeps your information for as long as needed to fulfil the purposes for which it is collected, unless otherwise provided by law.
Use of Aggregated Data
Half Moon is interested in improving the Site and may develop and offer new features and services. We monitor aggregated data regarding use of the Site for marketing purposes and to study, improve and promote use of the Site. In connection with such purposes, Half Moon may share aggregated data with third parties collectively and in an anonymous way. Disclosure of aggregated data does not reveal personal information about individual Site users in any way that identifies who they are or how to contact them.
Facebook Custom Audience: Allows Half Moon to create an audience using data held by Facebook to deliver interest-based advertising https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Half Moon has 2 exceptions to these limits on use of personal information:
(1) Half Moon may monitor and, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is required, disclose information to protect the security, property, assets and/or rights of Half Moon from unauthorized use, or misuse, of the Site or anything found on the Site.
(2) Half Moon may disclose information when required by law, however, only to the extent necessary and in a manner that seeks to maintain the privacy of the individual.
- Date and time
- Originating IP address
- Domain name
- Type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser)
- URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- Object requested
- Completion status of the request
- Geographic location
- Language preferences
Links Provided to Other Sites
Half Moon may provide links to a number of other web sites that we believe might offer useful examples of our work and services. However, those sites may not follow the same privacy policies as Half Moon. Therefore, we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the actions of any third parties, including without limitation, any web site owners whose sites may be reached through this Site, nor can we control the activities of those web sites. We urge you to contact the relevant parties controlling these sites or accessing their on-line policies for the relevant information about their data collection practices before submitting any personal information or other sensitive data.
Information You Provide
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- Filling in a form on our website
- Filling in a physical registration card;
- Contacting us by telephone or face to face (e.g., in the context of making a reservation);
- Sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message;
- Subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g., a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media);
- Requesting promotional information from us (e.g., information about any of our offers or services)
- Participating in a survey, competition or prize draw; or
- Contributing content to us (e.g., for display on blog or social media channels).
The types of information we may obtain include:
- Your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, e-mail address, telephone number, date and place of birth, nationality;
- Details of food allergies/dietary requirements and special requests made (for example, relating to a disability) you provide to us;
- Passport and visa information, payment information, travel history and details of joint travellers;
- Dates of your stay or travel with us and associated charges;
- Purchase or delivery of products or services;
- Reviews and opinions about our brands, products and services;
- Information we receive about you from any third parties through whom you have booked your arrangements
We do not collect “sensitive information” (e.g., information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) unless it is volunteered by you.
How We Protect Your Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect the information you provide against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use. Services providers and contractors who might have access to your information in order to provide services on our behalf will be contractually obliged to keep such information in confidence, provide adequate data security measures, and may not use that data for any other purpose.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, credit card or similar data in any e-mails you send us or our staff.
Policy Modifications & Contacting Half Moon
Rose Hall, Montego Bay, St James, Jamaica, West Indies.