Half Moon Founders Cup Tournament
Presented by Digicel
We have a responsibility to uplift our communities. With your support of the 2022 staging of this charity event, we were able to raise $3.2 million in aid of the Cornwall Regional Hospital, the SOS Children's Village and Granville Place of Safety in St. James, Jamaica.
2023 Staging of The Founders Cup
December 16, 2023 at the Half Moon Golf Course in Rose Hall, St. James.
The tournament will be in the form of a shotgun start, commencing at 9:30 am. Following the tournament, participants will be invited to lunch and a presentation at the Half Moon golf course’s 19th Hole.
Proceeds will once again go to the Cornwall Regional Hospital, as well as the Margaret "Peggy" Steuart Scholarship (opens in a new tab) benefitting students who are pursuing a degree in tourism management with the University of the West Indies.
Tournament Format & Rules
- Tee off is at 9:30 am
- The tournament is played as a scramble*
- Each team must be registered with their handicaps
- Prior to teeing off, Golf Director Kevyn Cunningham explains the rules at the staging area, where players will be on their carts and ready to go. A printed version of the tournament format is available on the cart during play for reference
- Prize-giving takes place 30 minutes after close of play at the 19th Hole
*How does a scramble work? Each golfer hits his own ball from the tee box. The group then selects the one whose landing position is deemed most desirable. Each golfer will then hit his own ball from that one chosen spot and proceed as such until the lowest score for that hole is recorded. The same process will begin anew on the next hole until the end of the round. One score is entered for each hole. Each team member must have three drives counted.
Prizes to be awarded are
- Longest Drive (Men)
- Longest Drive (Ladies)
- Nearest the Pin (Men)
- Nearest the pin (Ladies)
- Various outcomes of fun competitions throughout the day
In the event of a tie, the winner will be decided on the best back nine. If the best score for the last nine holes does not define a winner, then the final six holes are used. If all fails to provide a definitive outcome, the final three holes will be used. If a tie persists, then the score on the final hole is used.
Sponsorship & Entry Fees
Team of four US $600 per group
Sponsor A Hole
- Registration for four players
- Company recognition on Half Moon website, and in local media advertising and promo spots as a hole sponsor
- Advertising rights/product activation on one tee
- Logo inclusion in the tournament's step and repeat banner
Other Sponsorship Opportunities
Product valued at any of the aforementioned tiers.
Our 2023 Sponsors
Sponsor A Hole